Friday, September 11, 2009

9/11: Nat'l Day of Service for foodies


Today is officially the National Day of Service and Remembrance as indicated in the Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act.
Whatever your politics, Sept 11 should be an important day for all of us. I remember clearly where I was when I first learned of what was happening. Then watching events UNFOLD in front of me while I was glued to the news. It was such a strange day. Are we safe? How many people? Can we mourne, should we be fearful, what can I do?
 
Well, today - there is something that we should all do. Today is National Service Day - and many are joining activities over the weekend to help do their part.
Check out Serve.gov - where you can search for volunteer opportunities by location or keyword. Below are some fun activities for sharing your love and talent. What ideas do you have?
Kids in the Kitchen - make a meal for kids staying at the crisis nursery
Food Shelf grocery delivery
Food Shelter meal server
Food Digest Stories and Information- write synopsis of existing FOOD NEWS and information!
Find more in your neighborhood at serve.gov

No comments: