Hopefully, this wish list turns into a to-do list. I'm looking at my calendar - and realizing that this weekend is almost over and it hasn't really started yet. I have a lot going on - so that means I dream about the things I can't do - ever do that?
Food Wish List:
1. Caramel Rolls for a crowd: I want to try baking them before work without getting up at 2am. I think I can make them to the point of the last rise and pop them in the fridge. Then, put them in the oven while it is preheating to warm them up? I need to practice before bringing them in for a work function.
2. Bread. I need to get back some dignity with yeast. I know I can do it without needing to find a back-up plan! I would love to master baquettes and white sandwich bread.
3. Cake. I have not baked a cake in AGES. This is how I fell in love with baking - and I miss it.
4. Soup Stock. I don't have any meat scraps - but lots of vegetable scraps to move through. I love having homemade stock on hand - and I think my freezer is getting low.
5. Muffins or cupcakes with parchment paper squares instead of the cupcake papers. They just look cool.
6. Cannolis. I already have the rings to make them in the right shape...
7. Rice Pudding. Back to my scandonavian roots I suppose - but it's SO good!
8. Madeleines. I have the pretty forms - just need the tea party.
9. Macaroons - the french style. Reminds me of my honeymoon.