Thursday, April 30, 2009

Fav Things: Morning Coffee

This sounds a bit like a shameless plug - but please know that the only benefit I am getting from this brand of coffee is my daily dose of Vitamin C (caffeine) - that I pay for. I like to use my dollars deliberately - this is a great way to make a difference without making a dent.

A good cup of coffee for a good cause - what could be better? I found had heard about this non-profit coffee company located here in Minneapolis and just saw it on the shelf at my Super Target last weekend. I picked up the French Roast beans - and they are really good. Plus - it's cheaper than picking up Starbucks or other 'name-brand' coffee.

Don't live in Minneapolis? Good news - you can order this stuff.
Lifted from the website:
Give a boost
When you buy CityKid Java, you’re putting your money where your values are. Every dollar we earn goes to proven programs that support disadvantaged children in the Twin Cities and Central America. In Minneapolis, CityKid Java fuels mentoring and educational programs, athletic teams, camps and youth leadership experiences. Each year more than 1,500 inner-city kids get connected to the role models, mentors and life skills they need to succeed – thanks to CityKid Java drinkers like you.
Get a Boost
With CityKid Java, you don’t have to compromise your coffee standards to satisfy your conscience. CityKid Java uses only premium beans – 100% Arabica – from the finest high-mountain regions in the world. We pay more than fair trade prices for all of our green beans. Learn more about our
True Trade principles. Whenever possible, we purchase beans that are grown in the shade and processed without chemicals. Our beans are hand-crafted in small batches and slow-roasted locally. They are impeccably fresh-roasted and delivered within days of your order. All of our coffees are Kosher certified. And the result? A virtuous brew that has won 6 out of 6 taste tests against the big-name coffee-chain competitors.

4 comments:

Cathy said...

mmmmmmm coffee.....maybe I'll run out to a meeting...aka Starbucks.

Pearl said...

oh - i've never seen that before. how cool!

Tangled Noodle said...

I'll definitely check out SuperTarget for this! The local coffee roaster I'm most familiar with is Peace Coffee and it's great to see that there are more with a social purpose!

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Looks like some fun packaging and I'll have to scope this out the next time I'm shopping!