Any way you dice it - these cookies are tasty. And - they are very different from any other cookie that i've had. Please note: cardamom is not a taste for everyone. I thought it was - until H. likened the taste to soap coating his mouth. Oh, well. That means more cookies for the work crowd!
Oatmeal Cherry Cookies
1 cup butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1.5 TBSP Brandy (or 1.5 tsp vanilla)
2 cups AP flour
1 tsp baking pwd
1 tsp cardamom (or cinnamon)
1/2 tsp salt (skip if you used salted butter)
2 cups oatmeal
1 cup cherries
1 cup chocolate chunks
* Heat oven to 350
* Cream sugar
* add eggs, one at a time and Brandy
* In seperate bowl, stir together flour, bkg pwd, cardamom and salt
* Add flour to butter mixture and mix until well c
* Fold in oats, cherries and chocolate
* Using a small scoop, scoop dough unto parchment lined c
* Chill prepared cookie sheets until very firm (freeze for 5 minutes or fridge for 10).
* Bake chilled dough balls for 10-12 minutes. Rotate sheet half-way through baking. Pull out of
oven when cookies begin to brown. Slide parchment off of cookie sheets to help stop the baking.